Elegant Puzzle press, reviews and podcasts.
This article will continue to be updated over time.
On May 28th, we released An Elegant Puzzle, which you should definitely go buy. This article will be an ongoing collection of various reviews, media and podcasts that are part of the book’s release.
We have a bit of a drip campaign happening here, with new podcasts and talks happening at least over the next couple of months, and I’ll keep updating this post as more pieces come out.
- Ongoing. Book reviews on Amazon
- May, 3rd. Cindy Sridharan: Book Review – An Elegant Puzzle
- June, 15th. Colton’s McCurdy’s notes on An Elegant Puzzle
- July, 31st Gergely Orosz’s An Elegant Puzzle Book Review
- May 28th. First Round Review: How to Size and Assess Teams from an Eng Lead at Stripe, Uber and Digg
- June, 14th. Elegant Puzzle with Will Larson - Software Engineering Daily
- June, 17th. An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management (Author Interview) - Frontier @ Gun.io
- July, 6th. Developer Tea - An Elegant Puzzle Book Discussion - Part 1
- July, 7th. People Stack - Episode 77 - Author and Head of Foundation Engineering at Stripe, Will Larson
- July, 8th. Developer Tea - An Elegant Puzzle Book Discussion - Part 2
- July, 10th. Developer Tea - An Elegant Puzzle Book Discussion - Part 3
- July, 16th. Woven - An Elegant Puzzle, Part 1
- July, 23rd. Woven - An Elegant Puzzle, Part 2
- August, 7th Greater than Code - 142: Modeling Constraints in Human Systems with Will Larson
- August, 11th Software Engineering Daily - An Elegant Puzzle Virtual Book Club
- August, 21st Episode 45: Interview with Will Larson, Head of Foundation Engineering at Stripe, and Author of An Elegant Puzzle
- October, 12th Episode 20: Managing to Solve an Elegant Puzzle with Will Larson @ Programing Leadership
Lunches, fireside chats, etc:
- Early June. Lunch and learn discussion with Salesforce Einstein’s engineering managers
- Mid June. Presented at Square’s monthly engineering manager lunch at their SF office about the manager of manager career path
- Mid June. Fireside chat at Forward
- Late June. Fireside chat at Zendesk engineering manager lunch in their SF office
- Early July. Presented at Reddit’s company offsite about Investing in technical infrastructure
- Early August. Fireside chat (open to public) at Atrium about engineering leadership
- Late October. Atrium published summary of August’s Q&A
- June 12th. Charity Majors put together a discussion club.
- June 12th. Presented at Velocity SJ about Investing in technical infrastructure, only sort of orthogonally relevant, but did discuss book a bit with folks there
- June 16th. Nice shoutout from Can Duruk in his newsletter, The Margins
- June 20th. Did an Atlas Ask-me-anything for the Stripe Atlas forum