This is the new home of an old entry from the now defunct original incarnation of *Irrational Exuberance*. These entries are almost two years old, and haven't necessarily aged well, but maybe that's a good thing. This article looks at implementing a Django middleware that injects Googlel Analytics tracking into pages.
I've been working on a Facebook application with a couple of friends recently. We decided to use PyFacebook library, but there was a brief period of intense confusion on my part about how to use the PyFacebook library without the included middleware. I worked through it, though, and this article has some advice on how you can do the same.
I spent a bit of time this evening writing a template filter for Django that accepts a string of code (and optionally the name of the Pygments lexer to use for highlighting) and returns the code nicely syntax colored. A simple but slightly helpful addition to your templating arsenal.
Over the weekend I needed to create a slightly complex static website, and decided to make a go at using Django templates to build it. I was not disappointed.
In the second part of this series we put together our models for this project, and also introduce the Django testing framework.
A look at the advantages and disadvantages of using Django with the Google App Engine. Touches on the GAE platform itself, as well as looking at areas where ported Django projects will have to be adapted to the App Engine's unique environment.
A meandering story about creating a simple if-else derivative template tag that matches arbitrary values against regular expressions instead of matching boolean values.
A quick look at how to use Django (and specifically the development server) as a proxy to remove some pain in your life when developing static media changes to an existing site quickly.
This is a short overview of how I used Nginx to redirect from content on my old WordPress blog to my new Django blog. (New purely in a relative sense.)
All Rights Reserved, Will Larson 2007 - 2013.